Saturday, June 11, 2011

Second Day On The Road

Second Day on the road
Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday morning we left Las Cruces, NM and got on the road once again.  We left at bound for Junction, TX.  It was a very long day!  We did not make it into Junction till about 10:00 pm local time.  We lost two hours in the time difference.  Besides it being a long day, it was uneventful…nothing exciting to write about.  We were not really in a hurry to get in since we would not be setting up camp.  We decided to camp out one night and the next to stay in a motel.  So, we checked in to a Motel 6.  This Motel 6 was pretty nice…better then some of the Motel 6’s that we stayed in last year when we went to Wisconsin for Johnathan and Jessica’s wedding.  When we got into our room, Maximus was thrilled!  Poor Kid, I am sure he was tired of just riding in the truck all day like we were.  All we did was take a shower, do some online updates and hit the sack!!


With every day that passes we are further and further from what we use to call home.  It’s exciting but at the same time sad.  The scenery is also changing as we go along, ever changing like our emotions.  I haven’t seen a cactus since Thursday night!  After driving through the plains of Texas, which is very yellow and dry we began driving along highways lined with huge, green Oaks.  Very pretty but a bit humid, more then what we are use to. The rest areas have gotten nicer too, more green grass which is nice because Maxi doesn’t know how to go potty if there is no grass!!  Once we are on the sailboat we are going to have to make him a litter box with grass! 
 

Anywho, Saturday morning we are off from Junction, Texas to Port Arthur, Texas, just shy of the Louisiana border.  We will be staying south of Port Arthur at Sea Rim State Park on the beach of the Golf Coast!!

That’s it for today…follow us on our grand adventure as we seek NEW HORIZONS!! 

2 comments:

Raelynn said...

Elvia, I'm enjoying your writing. You are entertaining and informative at the same time. It seems like a gift you have that I wasn't aware you possessed. A nice surprise.

Elvia said...

Thanks Rae! I am actually a closet writer...LOL!! One of my dreams has always been to become a writer...but due to my fears and insecurities I have not really gotten serious about it. Up until now I've only written about my grief over my son's death...and they are pretty sad. Now we are embarking on this new adventure and Keith has more or less pushed me into being the COMMUNICATIONS Officer of this vessel and I am enjoying it!! Thank you so much for your comment...it has given me a boost of confidence...thank you, thank you!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger