Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All ABOARD!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Well family and friends, we did it!! 

We made it to Florida, we found a sailboat that we both liked and we’ve paid for it!! Tomorrow we get the final paperwork and the Keys!! Yayyyy..! 
 Keith and I both liked the boat we still have to see if it meets with Maxi’s approval, although he is out of luck if he doesn’t like it..it’s our new home!! LOL…aaaww Maxi won’t mind! Home to him is where Keith and I are.  We took him a couple of times to see some sailboats and he was a bit anxious being on it.  Maxi along with Keith and I are just going to have to get our sea legs soon!  I think Keith already has them…it might take a little longer for Maxi and I!!  The boat’s name was ILLUSION and we will be registering it as NEW HORIZONS!

The last two weeks we rented a room with a kitchen and have been quite comfortable.  We’ve also been purchasing items that we will need once we acquire the sailboat.  We’ve purchased fishing gear, tackle, nets and snorkeling gear.  We’ve also gone out to try the fishing pole and have caught….sea weed!! LOL…we really are going to have to get on that fishing business, else we might just starve!!   We also went out to try the snorkeling gear and did pretty well, although we didn’t see much…except a couple small school’s of fish.  I am sure that once we get down to the Keys there will be lot’s more to see!!  Ever since we went to St. Lucia, I’ve been hooked on snorkeling.  It’s just amazing being able to go underwater and see all the beautiful fish, coral and plants that grow underwater.  When we went to St. Lucia, Keith had a really hard time trying to convince me to snorkel.  He tried for about an hour trying to coax me….until I did!  After that we snorkeled everyday!  We snorkeled so much that I ended up with third degree sunburn on my back and shoulders!!  I learned that one should put on a T-shirt whilst snorkeling…lesson learned!! 

I always knew that the weather in Florida, during the summer was humid!  Boy oh boy…is it EVER!!  But unlike the weather back home, it isn’t as annoying as I thought.  I mean, you DO sweat when you are outside..that is a given!!  But you can stand under some shade and you can’t really feel the heat!!  That is a nice change from Phoenix.  Also, they tell us this is the “rainy season” and it has been raining since last Friday.  Rain, wind and thunder!!  We’ve been really enjoying it!  It rained 2.5” in 24 hours…I think that is about how much rain we get back home ALL summer!! 

Today, we are getting our laundry done (I am) while Keith is eating Double Fudge Brownie Ice Cream…LOL!!  We both have our jobs well defined…right? LOL..!!  Later today we have to get all our stuff packed up and ready to move ABOARD New Horizons! 

That’s it for today!  Enjoy the pictures and don’t forget….stay with us for more of our adventures as we travel and seek…New Horizons!!!

EL



Anna Maria Beach


Anna Maria Beach


Anna Maria Beach

Sand Art


Sand Art on Siesta Key Beach

Sand Art on Siesta Key Beach


Keith's Snorkeling Gear


Keith getting ready to Snorkel

My Snorkeling Gear (cute, huh?)


El getting ready to snorkel

Keith took a picture of himself under water!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wow ,the beaches are beautiful and you both look very happy!! Better you under water than ME..Love ya MOM

rae said...

Thank you guys for sharing all this with us. These are all places I'd probably never get to see, but I get to see them with you. You look like you're having so much fun, I am a bit envious. Love you and miss you.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger