Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Maximus

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Well, I decided that we should dedicate at least one blog to our lil Maximus!!  He is after all a huge part of our lives.  He has brought us so much joy, love and yes…Fun!  He makes us laugh when we don’t feel like laughing…he makes us get up and take him out for walks when we don’t feel like it too!!  He is also a good alarm clock!!  He thinks that just because it’s light out…everyone should wake up!! 


He is not happy until he wakes Keith up…then he comes and wakes me up….Then, he curls up and goes to sleep!! LOL..we figure that he has kept watch over us all night and now that his shift is over he can sleep and it’s OUR turn to watch over him!!  Too cute!! 

Sometimes it almost seems that there is a real little person in there!! He talks to us with his eyes, the way he cocks his head and twitches his ears..it’s simply amazing!  It might just be like parents that understand their baby that hasn’t learned how to talk..they understand him/her…right? Well, it might be the same way with Maxi and us!!

When we are getting ready to go out….he follows us.  He watches me comb my hair, he checks our feet to see if we’ve put our shoes on.  He sits quietly on his hunches and just watches.  Once I get my purse and put it over my shoulder and grab my sunglasses and I have not said anything to him…he hangs his lil head and slinks off into his crate and pouts!!  It is so sad!! L  But when we are taking him…I put my purse over my shoulder, grab my sunglasses, turn around and ask him, “Maxi, do you …?” I have not even finished and he is practically running out the door…in circles around my feet and Keith’s…LOL!! 

Lately we have been leaving him in the room while we go to see sailboats.  We leave him because sometimes it’s a long drive, it’s warm out and/or we have to walk a long way on concrete or asphalt.  In the heat and walking on asphalt or concrete?? No way…we carry him.  So, for his own comfort we have been leaving him behind.  So today we decided to take some time and look for a doggy park so that he could run and have some fun!! 

We ended up at Happy Trails Dog Park in Bradenton.  It’s a nice park with lots of trees, shade and sitting for the humans.  They even have a TIME OUT area for naughty puppies!! I’d never seen that before!!  There were not very many dogs there when we went which was early afternoon.  That was okay with Maxi cause he was not interested in sniffing other “colleagues” behinds…LOL Or make friends with his four legged counterparts…he was interested in chasing SQUIRRELS!!  For the life of him he could not figure out how he would see a squirrel running on the grass, he’d chase it around a tree and it would vanish!!!  After running after many a squirrel and panting his little heart out he figured it out..!! He figured that the little critters were running UP the tree trunks!! Then came a different awakening…why could HE not run up after them?? LOL!! Poor baby…I think it might take him a little bit longer to figure that ONE out!! 

Enjoy the pictures…and stay with us…as we travel down this new adventure along with Maxi…discovering squirrels and our NEW HORIZONS!!


El and Maximus












Maxi's Bangs are getting a bit long!

Maxi chases a squirrel up a tree!


Happy Trails Dog Park

Time Out for Naughty Dogs!

It's just a small enclosed area for naughty puppies!


Sniffing around

Can you see the squirrel?

Where's the squirrel?


Maxi wondering why he can't climb up after the squirrel!
 
Poor puppy, he wants a squirrel!!





It's time to go home when you can't get up anymore!!


2 comments:

JOY said...

+Missing Max, today I had a discussion with a Shitu named sarah .. I told her she was ALMOST as hard to handle in the tub as MAX but she really proved to be a Maxius when I turned on the dryer...LOL. MOM

EL said...

Hi Joy!! Maxi misses you too..I ask him, "where's grandma?" and he starts looking around and wagging his tail! He isn't the only one missing you..Keith and I do too...we miss you and Benson..Love you! El

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger