Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good-Bye Benson


Our stay in Benson has come to the end.  Our projects that we had planned have happened.  Events that we were waiting for like the graduation of my son and the birth of my first grandchild have come and gone….Mom’s (Joy) garden has been completed, the yard sale that we planned has also come and gone.  It seems like a long time ago that we were all working on getting the garden built…but it hasn’t been that long.  We sure did have fun…it was hard work, no denying that! All that shoveling sand and dirt…Keith cutting lumber and hammering nails….and me ALL that painting..phew!! Long sweaty hours, but worth it!! Even Mom got out there and helped to shovel dirt and sand!! She did great!

We have spent some quality time with Mom, Raelynn, John, Teeny, Aunt Sheila, Uncle Grey, Sebastian, Uncle Kim and Aunt Kaye.  Thank you all for your hospitality, kindness and love…Especially Mom!! Thank you! Thank you!! You will be missed!! Mom, when you are out sitting in your garden, weeding or picking the vegetables…think of us and how we built that garden with lots of LOVE for you!!  Enjoy it mom…enjoy it. 

Keith built in a drawer in the bed of the truck to carry my piano, tools and other stuff that we will need as we travel on our way to Florida.  He has also been working really hard on completing our tent that we will use as we stop for the evening at camp grounds.  He really outdid himself!  He has thought about everything for both of our comfort and for our Kid, Maximus!!  He truly is amazing! 

Johnathan and Jessica came down to Benson early yesterday.  Johnathan cooked for us yesterday…he made schnitzel and green beans for lunch, then made a carrot and parsnip soup with cream over it. which was DEEEEELICIOUS!! For dessert he made chocolate peanut butter pie!! Also very delicious!!  We played dominos and back alley (card game) till about !! This morning Johnathan cooked again, he made us all omelets for breakfast!!  Thank you John!  We had an amazing time with you and Jessica…and of course…the food was excellent!! When you left today, it was really hard saying “see you later.”

I’ve been crying since yesterday…on and off.  We are excited about going to seek our “New Horizons” but at the same time it is sad.  I’m sad that my grandson is still in the NICU and that I will not be there when he gets out….I won’t even be there to see my daughter hold him for the first time ever…which is happening tomorrow, Thursday, June 9th.  Even now as I am sitting here writing this I have tears rolling down my face.  But, I’ve got to remember what it is that Keith and I both have told our children and family, this is only a vacation.  We will take every day as it comes and enjoy every minute of every single day together….Keith, Maximus and I!! And hope that no matter where on the planet we are, our children, family and friends can come join us.  You are all welcome!!

Till next time!  Stay tuned for more of our exciting journey…as we seek NEW HORIZONS!!

EL
Growing Garden
Growing Tomato Plants



Thriving Garden
Joy and Greg



Joy and Grey
Sebastian and Maximus



Raelynn
Sheila and Joy



Building the Truck Drawer
Truck Drawer


Done with the Drawer
Camper


Almost Ready
Tent Shell


Canvas Tent that Keith Made
Keith

Keith's Handy Dandy Kitchen Utensil Box He made!



 

2 comments:

Joy said...

Really lots of hard work!1 good Job ,son

Raelynn said...

OK, you used my picture without permission, but I won't sue you as long as you post another when I've lost 30 lbs. Got test results today. I have Hypothyrodism, which is why I haven't been able to lose weight, but I've got new medication and I'll be feeling better and looking better in no time. So, it's a deal? Rae.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger