Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Son Daniel's Graduation

It was really nice of baby Reyes to come out on, Thursday, May 12, 2011, at , because the next day, Friday, May 13, 2011, my son Daniel was scheduled to graduate from ASU with his Bachelor’s in Kinesiology!!

We didn’t leave the hospital till about on Friday.  We had to get up early…to get to downtown Phoenix for the graduation.  I was a bundle of nerves!!


I met my son outside the convention center and took a picture with him…hugged him tight, and I ALMOST started crying…he tells me, “okay mom…none of that!” So I stopped.  I thought for sure when the graduation starts I will start crying…but I was so busy trying to take pictures of him and video taping the procession that I forgot all about crying! LOL..!

I felt an IMENSE sense of pride for my son! It has been a long, difficult 5 years, for him and I.  I have for some time now admired his tenacity, dedication and will to succeed.  I’ve also admired his sense of committing himself in helping those less fortunate then himself.  He joined the ASU Global Medical Brigade while attending school.  This group is made up of Doctors and ASU students.  They go to Honduras every year and help people that live in rural areas that do not have any medical help or assistance.  These people have no radios or televisions…many have never even heard of the United States of America! They give immunizations to children and see village people who are ill.  They also help them build their homes.

This last semester he was teaching a Biology Lab…and was actually getting paid!! He really enjoyed that! AND, he already has a job with a Banner Hospital as a Doctor's Scribe, which he has already began training for!  While working for Banner he will be applying to get into Medical School!

At every turn he makes me proud..!  I do believe that he will go much further in life…as I said before, his tenacity, dedication and will to succeed will get him there.

Son…I’m VERY PROUD OF YOU!!

Keith, Daniel and Paige

Daniel




Daniel and his cousin Douglas


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger