Friday, July 8, 2011

First Storm

Friday, July 8, 2011
Palmetto, Florida
Regatta Pointe Marina

Well, we are experiencing our first storm!!  We have been watching the weather news station and they say we are having a "Tropical Low".  A tropical low is rain and wind that is not quite a tropical storm, once a tropical storm it can turn into a hurricane. 

It's been raining since last night with some wind nothing really bad.  Today it has gotten worse.  The rain is really coming down and the wind is horrible!!  The boat is tied securely to the dock but it is still rocking and swaying something aweful!! 

The rain has stopped so we went out to check the lines to make sure they were secure and were holding against the wind.  The good news is they are!! But as I was coming back down into the main cabin...I slipped on the stairs!  aaarrrrgggghhh...now I have more bruises and scraps!!

Everyday brings something new...never a boring day! Don't miss out and stay with us...as we seek NEW HORIZONS!!

EL


 

 

Maxi hiding under my legs
One of my bruises..:(

2 comments:

Rae said...

Good grief girl! You better get your sea legs pretty soon - your running out of body parts to injure! LOL. Hope you're ok. Glad you guys are enjoying your adventure so far. The storms make us appreciate the days of smooth sailing. Love ya.

Keith Gilman said...

LOL...thanks Rae! The boat isn't that big...and I am always slipping or bumping or falling...always have a new bruise!! Getting to the point where I don't even notice what I hit! This last one...it was storming out pretty bad and I was helping Keith secure the boat and since it was really bad out and Keith was yelling...and I was running topside...I stubbed my toe really hard..on something! Now it's all black and blue! Oh well...life does go on...and we did secure the boat, which is what counts! ;)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger